Friday, July 25, 2014

Clean Eating Check-In & Leg/Glute Workout

So today is Friday and it is my 5th day of my strict clean eating plan. I am actually pretty dang proud of myself because I've kept with it. Day 1 was great...I felt great, it wasn't hard at all to keep to my plan. Admittedly though, Days 2 and 3 are when the cravings started to hit...mostly for red wine - ha! But I fought through and came out on top. And as of this morning, I'm down FIVE POUNDS since Monday! I can hardly believe it. I will note that since I'm carrying postpartum weight, it is natural for my body to lose faster right now than if I were at my normal weight, but it still feels good.

I made another round of veggies last night. This time I mixed asparagus, zucchini and yellow squash.


Instead of using the oven {I was out of tin foil}, I steamed them on the stove top. I put a few tablespoons of olive oil in the pan, threw in the veggies and added about a 1/2 tsp each of sea salt and black pepper. I simmered them for 20-30 min over medium-low heat.

Today, I plan on getting some more chicken grilled and baking more sweet potatoes.

I do have a concert to go to tonight with my husband...so I'm strongly debating letting myself have a glass of red wine...I haven't decided yet if I'm going to allow myself. On one hand, I've been so good and I deserve it, and it's not like I'm yet training hardcore for the bikini competition, but on the other hand, do I want to derail myself? Would it derail me? I don't know...let me know your thoughts and help me decide!

I did my leg day at the gym on Wednesday. It was a great workout and I'm surely feeling it today. Here it is if you want to try it for yourself or tweak it to your liking.

Interval Cardio on Treadmill
3-5 min warmup jog
1 min sprint at about 80% exertion
2 min fast walk/jog
Repeat 4-5 times

Superset
Back Extensions/Leg Lifts on Roman Chair
3 sets of 15 reps for each exercise, rest 30 seconds between sets. Be sure to go right from back extension to leg lift to make it a superset. I also cradled a 10 lb plate on the back extensions. You can do none, same or more as your level allows.

Superset
Step Ups/Dumbbell Squats
3 sets of 15 reps for each exercise, rest 30 seconds between sets. Be sure to go right from step ups to dumbbell squats to make it a superset. I used 2-10 lb dumbbells for the squats.

Superset
Stability Ball Leg Curls/Bridges
3 sets of 15 for the leg curls and 3 sets 25 for the bridges, rest 30 seconds between sets. Be sure to go right from leg curls to bridges to make it a superset.

Leg Press
3 sets of 12 reps at a weight that makes it impossible to do more than 12 reps. Rest 30 seconds between sets.

Have a great weekend!



signature - gym bunny photo signatureforposts.jpg

No comments: