Thursday, August 21, 2014

Shoulders/Back Routine...and Some Abs

As I've gotten deeper into fitness, I've gotten better about working out all muscle groups and not just the ones that I enjoy the most, or taking the same classes over and over. I switch up my weight training daily by working out different body parts. I tend to do shoulders and back on the same day. 

http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2012/05/18/2/192/1922729/601445ccc7c4f4f4_rbrb_2444.preview.jpg
{via}
Here is my typical routine for those:

Shoulder Press - 3 sets of 12

SUPERSET - I alternate by doing one set of each, resting for 30 seconds and repeating for a total of 3 sets of each.
Incline Shoulder Raise - 3 sets of 12 reps
Incline Rear Delt Flyes - 3 sets of 12 reps

Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets of 12 reps

Back Extensions w/10-15 lb weight plate - 3 sets of 15 reps

SUPERSET - I alternate by doing one set of each, resting for 30 seconds and repeating for a total of 3 sets of each.
Upright Rows - 3 sets of 12 reps
Bent Over Rows - 3 sets of 12 reps

I will typically also do abs when I train my shoulders because I don't do as many exercises on back and shoulders as I do for legs and glutes. What I usually do for abs is:

SUPERSET - I alternate by doing one set of each, resting for 30 seconds and repeating for a total of 3 sets of each.
Bicycles - 3 sets to failure
Straight Legged Crunches - 3 sets of 25

Russian Twists w/15 lb medicine ball

Stability Ball Crunches {Center and Obliques} - I usually sit facing the railing at my gym, get my lower back on a stability ball and put my toes in the railing for support. I will do 16 center crunches, then 16 crunches on each side and repeat for a total of 3x.

Stay Happy and Healthy!



signature - gym bunny photo signatureforposts.jpg

No comments: