Thursday, February 19, 2015

Focus.

I have been questioning myself a lot lately. As I sit staring at the last 4 lbs of this 57-lb pregnancy gain...I know I'm SO close...but not as close as I'd like to think because we all know the last 5 or so lbs are the HARDEST to lose. Hell, I've been having trouble since the last 15 considering I reached that point in like October...it's friggin' February already. Four months later and I've only lost about 10 lbs in that time?

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z454/MotiveWeight/Focus-on-fitness-2.gif

My issue has without a doubt been my focus. I've been going up and down week to week with it. Some weeks I am spot on...other weeks I am too crazed, hectic and yeah, I'll even say a little lazy, and my focus goes out the window. Going back to work a few weeks ago hasn't helped...considering my opportune workout time now is pretty much 4:30am. Can you say "snooze"?

Ironically enough, my passion is fitness...yet I spend way more time on my fashion/lifestyle blog than I do here. Yes, I have a passion for fashion too, but I don't think it in any way comes close to trumping my passion for fitness. Maybe if I put more focus into this blog, I'd be more focused on my fitness day to day. I've realized, for me, it's easier to be focused on fitness when I'm already looking great and I have something I can be proud of staring back at me when I look in the mirror. Post-pregnancy, I get angry and I get down on myself...and it ruins my focus. It's not the right attitude. I need to push through my resentment of what I see in the mirror and stay focused on the goal, even if it's hard to see whether I'm getting there or not. 

http://www.shorelinefocusonfitness.com/images/293_Zig_quote.jpg

The way I see it now, there are about 2-3 months left until the weather will be bikini-appropriate and dammit, I promised myself I'd rock a bikini by this summer and be proud doing it! 

The plan is going to go like this...I've made the decision to hold off on Body Beast and first do a round of Insanity. I never really follow the plan with Insanity, I typically do 3-4 of the DVDs in rotation and that works for me. So to call it a round is not really accurate. I just want to spend a good 30-45 days staying consistent with those DVDs and then move onto Body Beast in April, with a lot more outdoor running {because the weather will be so much nicer for it and I'll be able to take the kids without feeling like they're freezing in the jogging stroller - a big reason why I'm not running so much right now}. I love Body Beast, I really do, but I feel my focus right now needs to be a lot of cardio and HIIT to lose a lot of the fat layer and tone what I already have. Then I can focus on building more muscle.

That's all for now...wanted to provide a little update. And I plan to be here a bit more often...stay focused. 


signature - gym bunny photo signatureforposts.jpg

No comments: