Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Week Since My Last Post???

Wow, I let a week go by without posting. To tell you the honest truth, this month has been bad for me in terms of my attendance at the gym. This is why I've had no inspiration for posting on this blog this past week...and I didn't want to fill it with a lot of fluff just for the sake of posting. My readers are too good for that shizz.

It started out with planning and having a birthday party for my three-year-old and then just spiraled downward from there...the time in the day just goes by too quickly between work, family and home duties...and these last couple of weeks, I have NOT wanted to get up at 5am to get to the gym by 5:30am. I think I'm literally just waiting for Tanner's school to start back up next week when it will be easy to drop him off, then head directly across the street to my gym and workout at 7:30am. But I'm not going to wait, I'm headed to the gym after I publish this post. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I did jump on here to share something personal with y'all - my current measurements {EEKS!} This is sort of what got me back in the right place mentally for getting my workouts going on the regular again. I was not happy with them...but for the sake of accountability...and progress tracking...here goes:

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 {Per the doctor's scale fully dressed. My scale broke - hold the fat jokes! - and I need a new one.}
Chest: 32"
Bust: 37"
This makes it a nice 32DD. Cheers to my Hubby! {J/K}
Waist: 30"
Hips: 37"
Waist and hips are where I feel the most improvement is needed. I've been a bit smaller in these areas and I'd like to get back to that.
Right & Left Legs {I do my legs in three spots - upper thigh, mid thigh and calf}
Upper Thigh: 23.5"
Mid Thigh: 20.25"
Calf: 14.5"
Surprisingly both legs measured exactly the same. I'd like to see a lot of improvement in the thigh region!
Another personal measurement area of mine is what I call "Saddlebags". Thanks to kids, mine are a bit larger now and I really want to see these shrink. So I've measured around myself {basically around the butt at the largest part of the saddlebag area} and it came in at 41".

So there you have it...I know a lot of my leg and butt area is muscle, but there is some fat loss to be done as well.

I have started my clean eating diet this week {will share details on that with you soon} and I am getting my ass out of this lazy gym hiatus and back to those weights and elliptical machines.

My goal is to have a progress post on this once a month. I am going to NYC in 4 months and that is my goal date to be where I want to be. {Which, I will post that objective as soon as I have some concrete numbers.} Wish me luck!

Are there any fitness goals you are looking to accomplish in the near future? Would love to hear!



signature - gym bunny photo signatureforposts.jpg

No comments: