Friday, July 19, 2013

Lean Mean Green Machine

Well, the good news is I think I'm officially out of my little "funk". I've sort of sparked a sort of "gung-ho" mentality that I've really needed to get back into. I've cut out wine intake for now. I've been spending my gym shift mornings {before my shift starts} doing my weight training. Additionally, even though my diet was pretty good before, I've started to be a lot more conscious of anything bad I was doing, and doing my best to put a stop to it. I've also been trying to find more ways to work in the things that need to be in my diet more than they were. One way I'm doing that is with a green drink.

{source}
PB Banana Spinach Smoothie

2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 banana {frozen is good, but slice before freezing}
1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
2 tbsp. vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup skim milk
{Add a scoop of vanilla whey protein if desired}

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour, and enjoy!

The spinach flavor is disguised so well. The drink will be bright green, but tastes delish and it's a great way to get in some good nutrients, while feeling satisfied afterward.




signature - gym bunny photo signatureforposts.jpg

No comments: