Monday, July 1, 2013

Half Marathon Training Begins!

I'm on a mission to kill myself this week, y'all. Case in point: My workout schedule for the week...

Monday, July 1 - 4am - 4:30am - Cardio
                           4:30pm - 5:30pm - Barre Class
Tuesday, July 2 - 5:30am - Run 3 miles {First official training run for my half marathon!}
                           5:30pm - Glutes/Legs/Abs {Strength Training}

Wednesday, July 3 - 4am - 4:30am - Cardio
                                5:30pm - 6:30pm - Barre Class

Thursday, July 4 - 6:30am - Run 3 miles

Friday, July 5 - 4am - 4:30am - Cardio
                        5:30pm - Chest/Triceps/Abs {Strength Training}

Saturday, July 6 - 6am - Run 4 miles
                            8:30am - 9:30am - Barre

Sunday, July 7 - 6:30am - Run 2-3 miles

I don't plan for a rest day because inevitably I know "life" will happen and I may miss one of these planned workouts.

What's with the 4am cardio sesh? Well, I work at my gym on MWF as the opener, and I sort of use that time as a "just in case I don't get back to the gym for a workout later" session. I figure 30 minutes of cardio is better than nada. I typically do get back to my planned workout after my normal 9-to-5 job, but some days, sh*t happens. I'm lucky that my main job allows for some flexibility - I don't necessarily have to be at the office the entire 9-to-5, as I can log on and work from home in the evenings if need be, so sometimes I get to the gym earlier for my strength training sessions, which makes my evenings a lot nicer for getting dinner on the table and not rushing the bedtime routine with the boys.

This week is the start of what is going to be a hectic few months of workouts due to training for the half marathon in the midst of it all. I didn't want to give up my strength training or barre classes just because I'm running because I don't believe replacing one thing with another is going to make me better. The running is purely going to be in addition to my normal workout routine, which is why I have scheduled those so early in the morning {plus to beat the SC heat}.

Wish me luck with the half marathon training!                          

signature - gym bunny photo signatureforposts.jpg

No comments: