Monday, June 3, 2013

Gym Session: June 3

One of the things I wanted to accomplish with this blog was sharing what I do at the gym with you. For some of you, this may be advanced. For others, not advanced enough. For some, maybe just right. I want to give you an idea of what I do to make sure I work my entire body each week, plus, this serves me as an exercise journal as well. Feel free to use this as your workout today, or tweak it a little bit to fit your needs. I welcome questions and comments!

Monday, June 3rd, 2013 ::: Glutes/Legs/Abs

Cardio: Elliptical :: 30 Min
Step Ups w/Back Leg Extension :: 3 sets/15 reps
Deadlifts :: 3 sets/15 reps :: Bar Weight at 65-80 lbs
Leg Press :: 3 sets/15 reps :: Weight Set at 130-150 lbs
Stability Ball Leg Curls :: 3 sets/15 reps
Super Set
Hip Adductor :: 3 sets/15 reps :: Weight Set at 130-150 lbs
Hip Abductor :: 3 sets/15 reps :: Weight Set at 130-150 lbs 
{Super Sets are two different exercises performed back to back, with little or no rest in between, for opposing muscle groups.}
Calf Raises :: 3 sets/25 reps
Kettlebell Swings :: 3 sets/15 reps :: 15 lb KB {This is a full-body exercise, but really hones in on the leg muscles due to the squatting action.}
Medicine Ball Oblique Twists :: 3 sets/20 reps {each side} 
Stability Ball Crunches :: 3 sets/15 reps {Obliques and Center} 
Bicycle Crunches :: 3 sets/50 reps {left leg then right leg = 1 rep} 
Straight Leg Crunches :: 3 sets/25 reps
And as always - a good stretch session to finish.


What's your workout today?

I'd also like to walk my pup later, but it's a rainy couple of days here in Charleston, so it's doubtful.


signature - gym bunny photo signatureforposts.jpg

No comments: